February 12, 2008

Update, Shelly's 2/10 List

I haven't made it to CVS yet this week but while I was out grocery shopping last night I went to Walgreens. I learned a few things and made one mistake that I'll share so you don't do the same thing...

The Walgreens that I went to (Main & Mason) would not allow me to use the $2 off $1.99 Aquafresh toothpaste. I asked her to adjust the coupon down to $1.99 but she wouldn't, so I had her take it off my order and I didn't buy it. (I don't know why the store wouldn't take when they get the face value plus 8 cents or whatever when they process a coupon. CVS would have taken it!) They also didn't have the right chapstick or the free after rebate razor. The clerk told me they only got 4 of the razors...how ridiculous! They shouldn't have advertised those if they were only going to give a handful to each store.

I bought two of the Suave products that were 3 for $4. For some reason it completely slipped my mind (probably cause I didn't read my own list!) that I had to get 3 to get the $2 register reward. Unfortunately, at Walgreens you can't go back and buy one more to get the reward like at CVS...so I'm kicking myself for that one!

The rest of the list, thankfully, went as planned.

Another FYI coupon rule you might want to know about...Copps won't take internet coupons for amounts greater than $1. (So don't go trying to use your Huggies internet coupons there!) With that minor exception, so far I haven't had any trouble with stores taking coupons printed from the internet. I thought I might, especially since I print them in black and white, not color.

No comments: