April 26, 2008
April 24, 2008
April 21, 2008
I provide this little ditty to enlighten you on how NOT to shop - although I'm sure it will bring more of a smile to your face rather than any wisdom you don't already know....
After two weeks of almost no Saver Shopping let alone any shopping I decided in the 45 min time slot I had in between piano lessons that i would RUN to and through Cub Foods - a store I have not shopped at for many, many years. I had the ad in hand -with no time to prep with a list or coupons - was I being impulsive or what? I really needed eggs - that is what started it.
I decide to do the "deal" on the flier that said if you buy $25 of these products you get 2 free movie tickets AND if you buy $25 of these products you get 2 more free movie tickets AND $10 to spend - that is what I was trying to do - but in my rush I forgot the $25 on the 2nd deal and only ended up at $10 and I didn't get the 2 extra movie tickets nor the $10 and probably ended up with an overload of products I use less often.
I came home frustrated as my life spins out of control and I really need to get to CVS to use my ECB's!!!!!!
Drowning - Vivian
April 20, 2008
- (unadvertised) Softsoap Spa Radiance 18 oz sells for $5.49, receive $5.49 EBCs = FREE (limit 5) - And it works as I did it 5 times on one of my cards.
- Zone Perfect Nutrition bars p.s.a. $1.19 each, buy 3 receive $2 ECBs. Use 3 $1/1 bar (don't remember which week the coupons came from) = FREE, plus overage.
April 18, 2008
I did get the "unadvertised" M&M ECB deal though. They were buy one ($3.29) get one and then a $3 ECB printed! Two big bags of M&Ms for 29 cents! Jerry is going to run to the CVS by his work to see if they have the Contour meters so I told him to pick up some more M&Ms. I made M&M cookies on Tuesday that were REALLY good with some Easter M&Ms I saved. Now I can make more. Maybe I'll post the recipe on my blog.
The CVS brand diapers (B1G1) are a good deal too! Especially if you use a 3 off 10 from the red box. I also got the Kraft Mac and Cheese. I think 50 cents a box beats even the Sam's Club price. My CVS didn't have the four packs but she let me buy 8 singles and used the code like I was buying the 2 four packs. The manager at my CVS was telling me they just got their copy of the May book. She said when she went to order the "free" after ECB items the warehouse was already out of stock. She gets pretty frustrated with them for that. My store usually limits the free items to one or two per customer for that reason. Ugh!
April 15, 2008
Just thought I'd mention quick two other deals. Walgreens has Glade Plug-Ins buy one get one free and there were $3 off coupons in the 3/16 Smart Source. My Walgreens took both giving me $1.21 overage. Also this week at CVS there is another glucose meter deal (Ascensia Contour) that could make you $14.99 if they will adjust the $30 off coupon. (Vivian was going to try it...hopefully she'll let us know if it works!)
April 13, 2008
Just for Men Touch of Gray hair color - $8.29
Use $2/1 coupon (registration required)
Use this rebate or this rebate (You'll need to request a duplicate receipt in order to get Walgreens rebate and Manufacturer's rebate.)
*Note from Shelly: We don't need a duplicate receipt since we can fill out the Walgreens rebate online!*
GB Savers - has anyone had difficulty in the GB area using Internet Coupons? I'm noticing a lot of skepticism when I present them at various places. I had to tell a lady at Walmart once where I got it and that she could tell her manager to look it up if they wanted. Just wondering what you have experienced? Shelly - did you talk to the owners at your Piggly Wiggly by you about their decision not to accept them? Vivian
April 12, 2008
Here is what I bought:
- 4 Sunsilk styling @ $3.49 each
- 5 Excedrins @ $1.99 each
- 1 - Degree deodorant @ 2/$5 = $2.50
- 2 - Covergirl blushes @ $6.99 each
- 1 - Covergirl Tru Foundation @ $6.99
- 1 - Covergirl Trublend Foundations @$9.49
- 2 - Pepcid AC EZ Chews @ $7.99 each
Did this in 2 separate transactions and used the following:
- 2 - $4 off $20
- 2 - $2 off Pepcid coupons
- 1 - $1 off Degree coupon
- 2 - B1G1 Covergirl coupons
- 4 - $1.50 off 1 Sunsilk styling
- 5 - $2 off Excedrin printable coupons
- ECBs to cover the rest as close as I could get.
Will also receive $5.50 x 2 = $11 mail in rebates for the Pepcid AC
Spent $3.87 OOP, but will receive $11 in rebates for an overage of $7.13
- 1 - Touch of Grey for Men hair color
- 2 - Nutrisse hair colors
- 4- Packs of Extra gum
- 1 - Crest White stripes
- 1 - Glucerna cereal
- 1 - Wyler's Light Pink lemonade (filler)
- 4 - Matchbox type cars for the boys (filler) - not pictured as the boys were playing with them.
- 1 - $5 off $20 Walgreen's coupon for Friday only
- 1 - $3 off $10 Walgreen's coupon good for Military St. Walgreen's only
- 1 - $3 RR from a purchase last week
- 1 - $2 coupon for Touch of Grey Hair color
- 2- $2 MF coupon for Nutrisse haircolor
- 2 - $2 Walgreen's coupon for Nutrisse haircolor
- 2 - B1G1 Off Extra gum
- 1 - 3/$2 Walgreens' gum coupon
- 1 - $0.99 off Extra gum (Walgreen's coupon)
- 1 - Gift card with $9.81 left on it
I received $10 RR good the next time I shop from the Crest White Strips
Will also receive:
- $7.49 Easy Saver Rebate for the Touch of Grey
- $5 Easy saver rebate for Nutrisse Haircolor
- $7.99 mail in rebate also for Touch of Grey haircolor