August 30, 2008

I was FLOATING with excitement...


Okay - For the record, I did not go back to get the FOUR 1.75 qt's of Ice cream for this picture so pretend it is there, okay....and I'm not an expert at the whole "listing each item thing" so bare with me.
First, I went to CVS, not pictured here and spent $15 in cash (Shelly and Theresa, don't cringe that I spent more than one dollar) but I got back $28 in ECB's - I felt really good about that, then I went to Walgreens...

This picture is from my $90 purchase at Walgreens - minus the ice cream. So, here is the rough breakdown...
My total started at right around $90, but my subtotal with all of my coupons taken off (including the $10 off $40) was 52.34; when i got home I found 4.34 in errors (plus tax) but when I went back today to get it corrected, they totalled them up as $7.53; plus I have $34.76 so far in rebates coming back so with tax I paid $12.99. WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO

I had to call Shelly that evening because I was so excited and so confused as to whether or not I should have gotten more FREE after Rebate Items right away. I think she straightened me out and I was back there today getting my refund and two more rebate items - but Theresa probably took the last Excedrin :))))))) Shelly, I forgot all about the whole Glade thing when I went today so maybe I missed out on that deal.

I felt like a really frugal wife and mother after this trip. I did find every coupon I was supposed to to make it all work out - thanks to now buying TWO Chicago Tribunes each weekend. I was also excited to just FIND the items that I was looking for - I took the one and only Pert - after trying all month to get it, plus I took the last two Spray and Wash - this all made me just tickled as I walked around the store. So I still do love Walgreens too!
Vivian

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Good job Vivian!

I can't believe Walgreens is so much better than CVS for freebies this month!!

PS The School House didn't have leftie scissors...just scissors for left OR right, which I already have.