December 11, 2008

Rebate Troubles

It appears one of the larger companies who process rebates has filed bankruptcy. Here is a link that lists some known companies. The list however is not complete, as I had a rebate check (in the amount of $1.79) for a product called Fresh Sacks (not listed) that was affected.

The most important thing is: if you get a rebate check PLEASE verify it is not from this company BEFORE you cash the check! Associated Bank charged me an $8 fee for cashing a bad check. I called the company right away and they said they would issue me a check for the rebate amount plus my bank fee. This was about 2 weeks ago and I have yet to receive anything.

I am a bit irritated as they must have known the bankruptcy was coming and they still issued these checks. And I hope this isn't a sign of things to come and that this doesn't prevent companies from issuing rebates in the future. What strange times we are living in!

No comments: