May 13, 2009

Fun Run to Copps


I did my grocery shopping last night. However, I wanted to take advantage of some double coupons at Copps so I held off and ran over there this morning. I loaded up all five boys. I don't normally take them grocery shopping so it was quite an adventure...for all of us! We got lots of looks and a few people, mostly grandma types, stopped to comment.

It was a great run! I got $68.08 worth of stuff for $19.19!! Plus, I got a $1 off your next order coupon. In hindsight, I should have split this into two transactions to double another five coupons but I felt like I was pushing my luck anyway!

I had several "free" item coupons. Some from the paper or coupon booklets (Ken's dressing, Cascade rinse) and some from the companies themselves (Pillsbury cookies, DH brownies). I used these items to pad my order a bit to make sure I got over the double coupon limit. Not so important this time since I had plenty of stuff but a good tip for you on the weeks you don't seem to have enough to reach the $25 limit. Also I think if you wait to give them your Key card it helps get your total over $25 faster too.

How'd you do this week?

2 comments:

amanda h said...

i did great i got 4 boxs of frosted mini wheats for $2.00. I used 4 vocalpoints $1 off. which of course doubled & they where on sale for 4/$10.00. luv it. i am so glad i met u shelly. i never use to do this stuff & didnt know how to layer my savings. oh bless u

Anonymous said...

I also did great at Copps today. Did two transactions so I could double lots of coupons. I didn't do quite as well as you, but I did save more than I spent on both transactions. I'll have to blog about it later. Nice job!!