May 19, 2009

Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner Refill Recipe


I got a SB Auto Shower Cleaner free several months ago at Walgreens. We put in Roz's shower and she liked it well enough. She said it did keep her shower cleaner. But even using it only once every few days (instead of daily) it ran out and has sat empty because I am way to cheap to buy refills. :)

Today I was doing some spring cleaning in her shower and saw it hanging there empty. Five minutes later it was refilled and back hanging up! I googled a refill recipe and found this, for a typical 34-ounce refill:

3/4 c rubbing alcohol
3/4 c hydrogen peroxide
10 drops dish detergent
1 1/2 capfuls (about 3 tsp) dishwasher rinse aid (I used the free Cascade Rinse!)
Fill to top with water.

My cap came off just fine with a little extra effort. When you go to put the refill back in the unit, you'll need to put a piece of duct tape over the hole in the cap, so that it doesn't leak all over. The tape makes a new seal, which will be punctured when the refill is inserted.

These refills can't cost more than 50 cents...nearly free! (The refills are about $7 for 2??) Plus, this help solve my problem of what to do with all that free Cascade Rinse* I keep getting! I'll update when the bottle is gone and let you know how well it worked!

*Sign up for the P&G Home Made Simple coupon booklet that comes in the mail. It has a coupon for a free Cascade Rinse in every booklet.

No comments: