July 19, 2009

Finally some Freebies at CVS


FREE!!!!! YES!!!!!

I admit ladies that I have not been Miss super shopper lately. I just have not taken the time to even look at the ads (partly b/c I was so stocked up) and I was getting pretty disappointed with what I saw.

Today I went to CVS and got all this free - now I have $14 in ECB's to spend. I let the last $6 expire b/c I hadn't been to CVS in over a month - SAD!!!!

Last year I ended up doing most of my school shopping at Walgreens because the deals were so good. Glad to see CVS having some - but quite frankly their supply is VERY, VERY limited. Walgreens makes a whole special aisle just for school shopping.

Has anyone figured out exactly WHAT THE STRATEGY IS at Walgreens and CVS now? With no rebates and few FREE items - has anyone learned any secrets yet? Or did they just get tired of all of us making money off of them? I figured they would eventually stop but I was hoping it wouldn't be for a long time.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Good job! I have to say I'm a bit sad that all the freebies are back to school stuff. I don't really need that as much as I need other items. Although, if the stuff is free I'll take it.

No new strategy. Just keep an eye out on the deals. Still the same way of doing things just a lot less deals all around.

I'm not sure if this will be a long term thing...I would love it if the deals picked up when the economy does.

The stores can't be making as much even with fewer deals...I know I'm not there nearly as much as I had been. If they can't even get people into the store they have to be losing money.

There are plenty of freebies to be had if you have the time and energy to drive all over to get them. Walmart, Target, Copps, Festival, etc. have all had items free with coupons in recent weeks.

Lately though my best source of free items has been with free item coupons I've gotten in the mail.

I know we're all busy with summer activities but if you find a great deal don't forget to post it here!