October 20, 2009

Food Storage Analyzer

MoneySavingMom mentioned the opportunity to earn a $10 gift card from Emergency Essentials for trying out and reviewing their food analyzer. I have been on their mailing list a long time and their website has lots of helpful information as well, so I couldn't resist the chance to earn a $10 gift card.

Even if you aren't crazy about stockpiling like I am, I think you will find the analyzer helpful. If you don't have larger buckets of wheat, oats, or flour then just go straight to the last two tabs of the analyzer where you can put in "grocery store/canned food" items or "add your own" items. I put in the food items I currently have and the handy analyzer told me I have enough food to feed the seven of us for 69 days!! I didn't even include the cake and brownie mixes so technically we could eat for even a bit longer than that! :)
This isn't just a checklist. This is based on nutrition and calories. If you have a goal to store a certain amount (ex: 3 months worth) you can use this list to help decide if you have enough and where the gaps in your storage are. I found it pretty comforting to know that if something happened we'd be able to eat at least a couple months from just what we have here at home.

*The picture of my "stockpile" above was taken awhile ago. We actually have more than that now!

Gift Card Giveaway

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Yippee! I got my two $10 gift cards in the mail! Already! That was FAST. Now, the hard part...what to buy!?