October 6, 2009

Surprise: More than Free Ziploc bags


Piggly Wiggly had a great sale on Ziploc bags this week (sorry, it ended today*) 10 for $10 which alone was a pretty good deal. Plus if you bought 10 items you got an 11th free. There were plenty of $1 off 2 and $.40 off 1 coupons out right now that made the deal even better. I was happy to enough to be getting each package for $.45 but the register spit out THREE $2 off my next order coupons as a "Thank You" from Ziploc. You're more than welcome Ziploc... you just paid ME to buy eleven boxes of bags!

*Now, I know this wasn't a very helpful post since you won't be able to head to Piggly Wiggly and get this deal. Believe me I would have posted it sooner if I had know about the register coupons! But Piggly Wiggly had that same sale last year around this time (minus the register coupons) so I was keeping an eye out for it. And the point I wanted to make (or remind you of) is that stores tend to run the same promotions over and over. So keep watching those ads! And let this also be a reminder (to me especially!) to tell your GBSavers friends about deals in a timely manner! :)

1 comment:

Vivian said...

A BIG SHOOT on this one - I use so many ziplock bags - I did this 11 for 10 deal twice this week but it wasn't until I was racing out the door TODAY at the PW that I realized that that was a pretty good deal - I bought 2 boxes - they were almost out and left the store - no coupons or anything!!!!