March 10, 2010

3/10 Copps and Festival Shopping

Sorry I didn't get my Copps list posted in advance. It's been one of those weeks so far! I was scrambling to finish my list and print my online coupons just before bedtime last night. So, here's everything all at once.

At Copps today, I spent $24.65 for everything you see below. I saved $41.37 (63%) with over $15 in coupons. There are some great coupon/sale match ups today that I didn't even notice on my initial scan of the store ad. I'm glad I spent a little extra time looking them up online. I found an extensive list at Minnesota Coupon Adventure, so check that out if you need more help.


Here's the list...

  • Roundy's apple juice, 2 @ $0.99 = $1.98 (Just noticed I got charged $1.34 each! Will have to take this to customer service. Yes, I will do this to save on their $0.70 error!)
  • Cottage cheese, $0.88 w/ in ad coupon
  • Whole chicken, BOGO = 2/$7.06
  • Wish Bone dressing, BOGO = 2/$2.39 - $0.75 internet coupon = 2/$1.64
  • Roundy's 8oz. cheese, BOGO = 2/$2.09
  • Fresh Express salad, BOGO = 2/$1.69
  • 1/2 gallon Kemp's flavored milk, 2 @ 4/$5 = 2/$2.50
  • Yoplait Kids yogurt, 2/$4 - $1off2 internet coupon (doubled) = 2/$2
  • Ronzoni Smart Taste, 2 @ $1.09 each - $1off2 internet coupon (doubled) = 2/$0.18
  • Dreamfields pasta, $1.59 - $1 MC (doubled) = FREE plus $0.41 overage
  • Blue Bunny Ice Cream, $3 - $1 internet coupon (doubled) = $1.00
  • Mc Cain Potatoes, 2/$5 - $1 MC (doubled) - $0.75 MC = 2/$2.25
  • -$0.20 bag refund
  • 2 gallons milk @ $2.29 each - Free Milk coupon earned last week = 2/$2.29
  • -$1 off purchase earned last week

There were also some great deals at Festival Foods this week. I haven't posted my Festival shopping in a while as the deals there are usually not as impressive, but today I got everything below for $13.55, saving $16.96 (55%). Brian also stopped earlier in the week and picked up another $1 gallon of milk and two packages of chicken at $1/lb. totaling around $7 (not pictured).


Here's the list...

  • Pork roast, $1/lb. = $3.50 for 3.5 lb. roast
  • Tomatoes, $1/lb. = $1.39 for 1.39 lb.
  • No Yolks noodles, 3 @ $1 each - BOGO MC - $0.75 MC = 3/$1.25
  • Jolly Time popcorn, 2 @ $1 each = $2
  • Milk, $1 w/ in ad coupon
  • Butter, $1 w/ in ad coupon
  • Flavorite shredded cheese, 2 @ $1 w/ in ad coupon = $2
  • Baby carrots, $0.48 w/ Money Saver magazine coupon
  • Sara Lee Honey Wheat, $0.98 w/ Money Saver magazine coupon
  • -$0.05 bag refund

Overall grocery spending for this week was just over $45. Wish I could keep it that low every week! My freezers and pantry are reaching overflow capacity again, so I may need to give myself an Eat from Pantry challenge pretty soon. I'm going to try to slow down the shopping the next couple weeks, unless the deals are too great to miss of course. :-)

*This is repost from my personal blog*

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I love it when totals are so low and that includes a good bit of meat!!

Vivian said...

Good job Erica - I'm very impressed. Your husband must really be noticing all the savings too. You remind me of the Money Saving Mom :)

Theresa Neuser said...

Great job Erica. I did a great job too at Copps today. I spent $17.46 and saved $35.41!! I was so excited. And that included buying over 6 pounds of hamburger and one bag of chicken nuggets (not on sale)

ericah78 said...

Thanks ladies! This does seem like a Money Saving Mom trip. I wish they were all like that! Just depends on the week. :-) Nice job Theresa!!