May 4, 2010

Birthday Greetings... and Savings!!

It's the beginning of May and that means my birthday is coming up! Why am I telling you this?  I'm sharing because when I checked my email this morning I had two $5 birthday savings "certificates" and I'm sure more will roll in as my birthday approaches.

I don't recommend signing up for loyalty clubs that you have to pay for (sorry Barnes & Noble) unless you truly do a TON of shopping at that particular store. But I highly recommend signing up for free ones at stores you may at least step foot in.

The savings certificates you receive from these stores basically act like a $5 gift card. You get $5 off but you only have to spend $5. Rarely can you find something for exactly $5 but you can usually get a couple pairs of socks or some other small item(s) for free or very close to it. Of course, they are hoping you'll buy the new $50 pair of shoes but you don't have to do that!

Some stores that I am aware of that send birthday greetings are DSW, Famous Footwear, and CVS (got a $3 ECB--only happened once though---they forgot me last year).

Of course, there are a ton of restaurants that will send you birthday goodies too! Some are a coupon good for your entire birthday month or week but many have to be claimed on your actual birthday. You definitely could eat all day for free on your birthday if you planned it right.

Here are few that sound good to me:

Red Robin--free burger on your birthday
Sonic Cruisers--varies, free drink or food
Noodles & Company - free entree
Culver's - free sundae

If those don't strike your fancy Freebies4Mom has a huge list of birthday freebies here (it is a national list though so not all will apply to us here). If you know of any others in the Green Bay area please leave a comment!

3 comments:

ericah78 said...

My birthday is also this month (Friday in fact) and I enjoyed getting $10 off to spend at Express and Victoria's Secret. Went to the mall last night and got some good deals on new tank tops and underwear! Also got a free dessert at HuHot which I used last night on kids eat free night. And I have a Culver's coupon for a free sundae. :-)

Shelly said...

Did you sign up for both of those?

Go sign up for Sonic Cruisers and you'll get your birthday coupon immediately! I chose a free medium drink so I can get a Cherry Limeade... MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! :) I am so glad we finally got a Sonic, I've missed them for 10 years!

ericah78 said...

VS I got because I'm on their mailing list and get their catalog. Express I got because I have their store card (got it back in college to get % off an interview suit and never canceled it - rarely use it). Not sure I'll have a chance to go to Sonic since I'm never on the east side, but if it looks like I'll have a chance, I'll definitely sign up. They need to build one on west side now! :-)