May 19, 2008

Coupons: Chicago Tribune VS. Press Gazette

Hi Ladies - another verdict is in and I thought I'd share it with you. Yesterday I picked up the Chicago Tribune to compare to the Press Gazette and here are the results of my counting coupons in each.

Totals: CT = 196 total and PG = 79

That about says it all but in case you'd like to see the breakdown - and remember this is not scientific but I tried to generally catagorize the coupons....

Food - CT=78 to PG=36
Toiletery - CT=43 to PG=16
Pharmacy - CT=22 to PG=6
MakeUp/Beauty - CT=16 to PG=5
Baby - CT=9 to PG=9
Cleaning - CT=17 to PG=7
Pet - CT=11 to PG=0

I guess they think we don't own pets up here :))))))

And so we will try to stop at the store each Sunday and either pick up a Tribune or a Sentinel in order to get the coupons - these papers are only 2.15 to 2.50 - that's not bad for an extra 100 plus coupons! Vivian

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I have talked to most of you since yesterday so you already know this...we got the Chicago Tribune for the first time yesterday too. I wasn't too impressed with the coupons but then I realized I was missing one of the Smart Source inserts!! Ugh! I called Piggly Wiggly where Jer got it and they saved me another ad/coupon package and Jerry is going to pick it up for me on the way home from work. After seeing the numbers like that...I'm sold. Thanks Vivian! Too bad all the ads aren't included then it would be perfect!