May 5, 2008

Walgreens deal

Today I went to Walgreens and was able to take advantage of a couple deals.
I did the following all in one transaction, but am putting it in a few groups.

I bought 9 Crest Pro Health toothpastes for $2.50 each = $22.50
Less Walgreens $3/2 coupon from Easy Saver catalog = $13.50
Less $6.50 Crest MF coupons (had 4 -$1/1 coupons, 3 - $0.50/1 coupons and 1-$1/2 coupon)
Total for toothpaste = $2.50 + tax
Received $20 RR

I also bought 1 pk of Zantac for $3.99
Used $5/1 coupon, it didn't get adjusted down, so I actually got it free, plus overage. Plus I also received a $3 RR

I bought 2 more of the FAR items (Energy spray, $3.29 and Nexcare Cold Sore Treatment, $8.99) kind of as a filler because I had so many coupons and because I hadn't bought them yet for the month.

Plus 2 more fillers of chocolate sprinkles @ $0.99 each.

I also used 2 $6 RR from the Venus Embrace shavers I had bought from a previous trip.

I should have actually put in a couple more fillers so I could have used my 3rd $6 RR, but didn't so I paid $5.88 on my gift card, so I got all of this for FREE!! Plus, I still have $32 RR for another trip and will receive another $12.28 from FAR items. Too bad I have already bought so many of my FAR items for the month. I could have used my RR for them.


I'm thinking of going back and see if I can get the Cascade/Mr Clean deal as well. Have lots of $0.50 off coupons, which would still be a money maker, just not as big as the toothpaste deal.

No comments: