November 14, 2008

Friday Night Deals

Friday night has become my deal shopping night. I go to CVS first and then down the hill to Walgreens. Sometimes they are low on items but most of the time I do okay. Walgreens gets a truck Thursday and I think both stores are trying to have items stocked for Saturday.

CVS
I did two transactions paying $23.99 in ECBs and $3.61 with a gift card. I got back $27.57 in ECBs so I broke even, well...okay I made 3 cents. It's hard to "make money" without the CVS $/$$ coupons. I didn't take a picture but here is what I got:
$20 worth of chocolate :) 6 bags Hershey's Bliss and 1 bag Kisses
3 Palmolive dish soap
1 Garnier hairspray
1 Listerine Agent
1 Vitamin Water
2 Crest Pro-Health
1 Kotex

Walgreens
I didn't make money here either but I got several items for cheaper than I would have paid elsewhere. Sometimes I don't take advantage of the $5 off $20 coupons but this week I was able too! I took a picture for you:
6 rolls of Hallmark wrapping paper (Buy 1 get 2 free)=$.66 each
3 packs of bow (Buy 1 get 2 free)=$.33 each
3 packs of tissue paper (Buy 1 get 2 free)=$.33 each
3 packs of tags (Buy 1 get 2 free)=$.33 each
5 pencils with toppers (shhhh.....stockings!)
6 coloring books (stockings-Roz gets one too!)
4 instant pudding boxes
1 Almay mascara
1 Quattro razor/trimmer
1 mini-Martinellis (Roz stocking)
2 Reach toothbrushes
3 Smucker jams
4 Kellogg's cereals
10 lb. of sugar

I paid $27.55 on my gift card. Got a $2 RR and will get back $7.69 for the mascara rebate. For a real total of $17.86. I thought the wrapping supplies were a really great deal. I usually go to the dollar store for wrapping paper but $.66 is even better! I got several little stocking stuffer type items too. The food alone would have cost that much at the grocery store. I might go to a different store for the peanut butter and frosting (they were out) if I have time tomorrow. Jif is 3 for $5 and I have several $.55 coupons. Not a stock up price but decent. Frosting is $.99 and I have $.55 coupons. Cake anyone? :)

1 comment:

Vivs6kids said...

I forgot about all those Christmas paper deals, etc at Walgreens - and Jif...hmmmm....maybe I should make a run there Saturday.