November 28, 2008

My Pillsbury Deal :)


So...last week at the Pig they had the Pillsbury Pie Crusts on sale for 1.49 - their regular price is $2.99 - so they were half off. Let me stop here and tell you that I never use them to make real pies because I make my own pie crusts but I got a terrific recipe years ago to make homemade Chicken Pot Pie - which I always make two whole pies with tops - so I need a total of 2 boxes for each "meal" that I make - although we get two nights of dinner out of them for now!
Okay - so I go to the Pig to buy some 1.49 pie crusts and what do I realize but that they all have peelie coupons attached - 1/2 of the coupons were for refrigerated cookie dough but the other 1/2 were for...you guessed it...$1.00 off 2 pie crusts - then the Pig had a deal if you bought ANY 5 Pillsbury items you got a free butter (on sale this week for $1.69) - sooooooo.....
I bought 12 boxes of pie crusts for $1.00/box.
I have 6 more coupons, good til April, for more pie crusts.
I did two transactions and got 2 free butters.
I have until the end of January to use up my 12 boxes so we will have chicken pot pie (or turkey) every other week til they are gone!
YEAH! Vivian

No comments: