August 11, 2010

Watts Up Pro

Have you ever wondered what it really costs to run the appliances or electronic devices in your home? Want to see if would make a difference to keep your DVD player unplugged when not in use?

This is what the Watts Up Pro (clever name huh?) can do. It displays information in "true dollars and cents - no need to do the conversions". The best part is you don't even have to buy this $150 device! You can borrow it from the Brown County Library! I came across this on accident when I saw it on hold for someone else. So I requested it myself. I just picked it up and haven't started playing with it yet but it's mine for a month so I have plenty of time.

If you plan on buying a new appliance of any kind you might want to check this out and take it with you to the store. Then you'll know just was that new freezer is going to cost you to run per month!

[Anyone know if the library lends out any other type of equipment? If they do I can't figure out how to search it without knowing the exact name of the device.]

No comments: