June 8, 2010

Copps Double Double Daze, 6/9

Are you ready for Double Doubles? Took me a while to make my list. I did find 20 coupons I want to double though, so I'll be doing two transactions tomorrow. Here are my two lists. Please visit Minnesota Coupon Adventure for more match-ups and IP links.

Transaction #1:

  • Strawberries, 2/$3
  • Grapes, 1.29/lb. (buy any combo of 3 strawberries, grapes, blueberries, get $2 off future order)
  • 2 cucumbers, 0.49 each
  • 6 Kelloggs cereals, ~$22 - $10 instant savings - (3) $1/2 IP's (doubled) = ~$6, free milk coupon
  • 4 Kraft mac n' cheese, BOGO ~2/$1.29 - (2) 0.55 IP's (doubled) = 4~/$0.38
  • Grande tortilla chips, $2.69 - $1 MC (doubled) = 0.69
  • Town House crackers, 2/$5 - $1/2 MC (doubled) = 2/$3
  • Kelloggs/Cheez-it multi-pack, $3.50 - $1 MC (doubled) = $1.50
  • Flintstone vitamins, $5.99- $1MC (doubled) = $3.99
  • Total = ~$21.50, earned $2 off next order and 1 free milk

Transaction #2:

  • 6 Kelloggs cereals, ~$22 - $10 instant savings - (3) $1/2 IP's (doubled) = ~$6, free milk coupon
  • Bel-Goioso fresh mozzarella, BOGO $6.99
  • Minute Maid large bottle lemonade, $2.50 - $1.50 IP = $1
  • 4 Hilshire Farm Hearty Slices lunchmeat, 2/$7 - (4) $0.55 MC/IP's (doubled) = 4/$9.60
  • 2 Kraft 100 Calorie cheese pack, 2/$4 - $1 MC (doubled) - $1.50 (Kraft First Taste) = 2/$0.50
  • 2 Old Orchard juice, 2/$4 - (2) 0.50 IP's (doubled) = 2/$2
  • Milk - free coupon from Transaction #1 = FREE
  • - $2 from fruit
  • Total = ~$24.00, earned free milk coupon

Because there are so many sale/coupon matches this week and I have so many of the coupons, this is a big stock up trip for me. I'm out of lunch meat, almost out of crackers, and getting low on cereal and juice so the timing on these was great. Spending about $45 feels like a lot this week, especially since I already spent $26 at Festival, but I know I'm getting a TON for my money and will have a lot of stock after this trip. Happy shopping!

4 comments:

Vivian said...

Erica - how do you get that many of the same coupons???? I read MSM's post about never paying for her coupons - and I was interested in what she said about neighbors, family, and even some form of a recycling bin that I didn't quite understand - but the good coupons are usually NOT in the GPG - but rather in the Tribune or Sentinel - so I'm curious - where do you get so many of the same ones?

ericah78 said...

I have my GBPG subscription and the rest I print online. I also just subscribed to AllYou so I'm getting those coupons now also. I no longer buy the Tribune or Journal/Sentinel as I find enough coupons w/o them. If I was really serious into the CVS/Wags deals I would probably get those, but I just do CVS about once a month now to keep up stock. I print online coupons from various sources, mainly coupons.com and smartsource.com (via MyPoints) as well as following links to specific items on the Minnesota Coupon Adventure blog. Sometimes there is more than one location to find the same coupon, so if you can print two from each source you can get multiples that way. Sometimes the coupons will be "reset" and allow you to print again after you got the first 2. Also, if you have access to more than one computer, you can print two from each. For example, the Hillshire Farms coupons that I'm using; one is from the GBPG and three were internet printables. I also get a lot of great coupons in the mail from signing up for all the freebies. Then there are the word of mouth programs like Vocalpoint and Kraft First Taste, where you can get even more great coupons in the mail or online. So many sources out there! I do not buy coupons online from clipping services and don't think I ever will. Hope this helps!!

Vivian said...

Yes, I see what you mean about printing them online - and getting multiple copies that way - and how you may not need the Trib or Sentinel b/c you are not doing the CVS/ WAG thing - that has also saved me a ton with all the toiletries and such. Everytime you post about Copps I get the desire to train myself to go there :) Maybe one of these days I will - the cereal deal may just get me - b/c we eat a LOT of cereal here.

ericah78 said...

This cereal deal is pretty good as they will come out to about $1/box w/ the current coupons available. It's a bummer that there aren't any coupons for $1 off 1 right now, or that would mean free cereal! I won't pay more than $1/box. Also, as the cereal price alone will be about $22 before $10 off and coupons, you'd only need to spend about another $3 in conjunction w/ the cereal to get your coupons to double.

There are some other ways to get coupons, like if you have relatives/friends who don't use them and are willing to give you theirs. Some people clip & swap (take the ones they want and pass on the rest to a friend). Recycling bins could be interpreted in a couple ways: 1. there are some stores/libraries that have coupon drop boxes where people drop unused coupons and you can pick through them and take what you want. 2. some people check apartment recycle bins for newspapers w/ unused inserts.