January 17, 2011

Savings Tracker Download

Just in case you missed it a couple weeks ago, Money Saving Mom shared a link to this great savings tracker. I downloaded it (to my Google Docs) and put in all my January receipts. I think it's going to be a great way to keep track of my grocery and personal care spending. Besides telling me how much of my budget I've used up for the month, it will tell me how much I've saved.

My favorite part is the breakdown of savings by both coupons and store discounts. So far this month I've saved $182.65 by using coupons and more than $200 by shopping sales. Of course, it's not really true "savings" since I would never buy some of those items at their regular prices, but the point is even if you aren't a big coupon clipper you can still save a ton by shopping sales.

If you haven't already checked it out, head over to The Coupon Project to download the Savings Tracker. It's completely free. You can even download a short manual to help you figure out how to use it.

No comments: