June 27, 2011

Finding the Deals

The great thing about money saving blogs is a lot of the work is done for you!! So where can you find the best deal blogs? My goal here at GB Savers is to concentrate on local deals. There are lots of blogs that offer deals for nationwide stores (like CVS, Walgreens, Target, etc). I decided awhile back that re-posting the deals and freebies that you can find easily on other sites wasn't going to be the best use of my time or yours!

You also won't find a bunch of posts listing individual coupons to print or freebies. Once in awhile I will post about a really great coupon or freebie but I am going to assume you read at least one national blog and that posting those things here will just be a repeat of something you've already seen elsewhere. The same goes for national stores like CVS and Walgreens. I don't post weekly deals list for them anymore, although I might occasionally highlight a really great deal or share a shopping trip.

Here are some of the national or regional blogs that I highly recommend. Look through a few and see which blogger suits your style best, then follow one them. Almost all great deals end up on both MoneySavingMom and Common Sense With Money. Personally, my favorite is MoneySavingMom... not only does she post great deals she is a great encourager as well.
Beware of blogs that waste your time. You want to find blogs that make it easy for you to read their posts. (Having to click several times to read more than one post is a big pet peeve of mine, so are blogs that don't offer their full RSS feed.) If you follow lots of blogs, you may quickly tire of seeing the same deals over and over.  I sure don't want you to get overwhelmed and give up or miss out on great savings! So choose a few blogs to follow and see how it goes... you can always follow more (or switch) later.

If you have any questions, let me know... I'm happy to help!

No comments: